It’s March 13, 2019 and I am sitting at home in the middle of a blizzard. The wind is howling, the snow is falling, the roads are a mess, visibility is close to zero, and over 1,000 flights have been cancelled at the Denver airport.
My thoughts go to Psalm 147 where verse 16 reads:
He sends the snow like white wool; he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes.
This Psalm serves as a reminder about both the magnitude of God’s power and its breadth. And it is an encouraging reminder indeed. Look at it with me for a moment this morning.
- He counts the stars and calls them by name – V4
- His power is absolute – V5
- His understanding is without limit – V5
- He provides rain and makes the grass grow – V8
- He feeds the animals – V9
- Rain, snow, hail, ice, freezing cold; all are subject to His will and command – V16-18
- His word accomplishes whatever pleases Him – V15
Yet God is not just powerful, He is abundantly merciful and gracious.
- He heals the broken hearted – V3
- He supports the meek and humble – V6
- His love is unfailing and worthy of our complete trust – V11
How awesome it is that the God who created us in His limitless power, loves, guides and cares for us with a limitless love.
Now, what is it that you are facing today that you don’t think He can handle?
The LORD’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love. Ps. 147:11
Live this week on purpose,