Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us… Eph. 3:20
I bet like me you have read these words above at some point in your life and been greatly encouraged by them. You may have even quoted them to a friend in need of some hope during a difficult time. They are more than reassuring words. They are truth. They remind us again about the Omni-powerful and Omni-present God we serve. Nothing is beyond Him and nothing escapes his watch.
Even in full knowledge of this truth it is easy to find ourselves in situations where we cannot see a way through and we find ourselves feeling hopeless. We try as hard as we can to create a solution. We believe if we were a better Christion that things would be different. The truth of the words above do not rest on our performance. They aren’t somehow triggered by us being clever and creative. They rest on the character of God alone. The reality is that no matter how hard we try there are certain things that only God can bring about. No amount of thinking, planning, working, or talking will solve things. Only God can do what only God can do.
A friend reminds me often to pray for trust more than clarity. Will you pray that today? Will you push all your chips into the center of the table with Him and give Him space to work as only He can?
So, what does “immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine” look like for you this Monday morning?
- A marriage in need of seemingly impossible healing?
- A health issue where the outlook is bleak?
- A prodigal son or daughter you long to see come back home?
- A job offer that brings an end to a seemingly endless search?
- Freedom from an addiction eating away at you?
- Freedom from the lies of others that are holding you back?
- Freedom from a lie of Satan that says you cannot be forgiven and restored?
- Freedom from hurts of your childhood?
Remember this truth today:
No matter what you write in that last blank, it would be impossible to pen something to that is beyond the capability of God…Impossible!
Live this week on purpose,